Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Flickr Fun

This truly was fun!

Mappr: I had uploaded a picture to Flickr (the snake pic mentioned earlier)- I noticed that two other photos were tagged using my tags, so I got to see other pictures like mine! Then, I mapped this picture using the map feature in Flickr, so not only is the pic tagged it is also mapped!

Flickr Color Pickr: this was very interesting, I clicked on several different colors and found an array of various photos that shared that color -- an interesting way to sort photos, not by topic, but by the colors they share. It would make for an interesting poster!

Montagr: I explored my hometown, my college and some vacation spots I have visited. Tags really do bring a sense of community -- as I viewed these pictures I was fascinated by the sameness and the change that the photo mosaics captured.

And finally, I tried the Librarian Trading Card (I saved it on the CS site, sent it to my home), and uploaded it to Flickr -- and then chickened out when I made it private on Flickr.

Is anyone else in the Library 2.0 program still afraid of identifying yourself on the Internet? As cool as these things are I find I still have a sense of caution -- beware of what images of myself, or information I provide that may be used for identity theft or even internet stalking.

In any case even with the sense of caution I thoroughly enjoyed this exercise. I found many new ways to share photos, create photo mementos and imagine all kinds of possibilities for Flickr.



1 comment:

  1. I really liked these tools too, hard to believe that we get paid to do this stuff sometimes. Good posts, though you wrote way more than I did on many of them.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete

My Journey from Libary 1.0 thinking to Library 2.0 action!

This will be a new beginning as I explore with you the concepts of Library 2.0 and how it can and should impact the way resources are cataloged!




Cataloging is...
Access to information
The structure that makes things findable
The keyring that holds all the keys together
The right tool for finding information