Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Empty Shelves 3-12-07


Empty Shelves 3-12-07
Originally uploaded by vbplblogger
Wow, it really felt great to have the cataloging backlog all caught up! This is the picture I want to share with you all that I posted to Flickr that shows the empty shelves. I uploaded 3 photos to Flickr: 2 in a set labeled Cataloging and one individual one I took of a snake eating lunch on the shores of Lake Canandaigua NY! (the grandkids really enjoyed that experience!) The empty shelves picture was taken by Angella Butler in Cataloging. This was a really fun exercise, and I intend to share lots of photos with family and friends. I could see using Flickr for photo contests, and maybe creating a slideshow of library events over a year - I am not sure what else it could be used for in a library setting -- but I would love to hear what others think of ways we could use Flickr!


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Journey from Libary 1.0 thinking to Library 2.0 action!

This will be a new beginning as I explore with you the concepts of Library 2.0 and how it can and should impact the way resources are cataloged!




Cataloging is...
Access to information
The structure that makes things findable
The keyring that holds all the keys together
The right tool for finding information