Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Locating a few useful library related blogs

Finding other news feeds was very interesting -- I am tempted to subscribe to lots, but I am still leary of how many sites I can actually subscribe to and keep up with, so for now I did lots of browsing.

Which method of finding feeds did you find easiest to use?
  • Definitely the icons, they were quicker. If you are at a site subscribing using the RSS feed icon really made it simple.

Which Search tool was easiest? More confusing?

  • Blogline's Search tool: this tool was the easiest to use
  • Feedster: this one was Changing, so it was not available to try
  • Topix.net: I found it easy to navigate. I used the "All Sites" link to just browse the topics this was a browsable index by topic and I liked that feature.
  • Syndic8.com: I found some interesting library sites that I may go back and subscribe too. This one was my least favorite I think because of layout, I can't quite pinpoint why I didn't like it as much.
  • Technorati: this site seemed to provide the most information, arranged in a logical manner. Very thorough.

What other tools or ways did you find to locate newsfeeds?

  • There are several sites that I check on frequently to see what has been updated. I simply went to these sites and copied the URLs.
  • The DDC updates coming to me rather than me searching daily at the beginning of the month to see if the new month has been posted will really be a timesaver!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Journey from Libary 1.0 thinking to Library 2.0 action!

This will be a new beginning as I explore with you the concepts of Library 2.0 and how it can and should impact the way resources are cataloged!




Cataloging is...
Access to information
The structure that makes things findable
The keyring that holds all the keys together
The right tool for finding information